New beginning and loss

After the heartache and sadness of the past few days, I was not looking forwards to a night alone. I had arvo shift and this meant I was actually going to be at home before midnight. David had gone to RI, presumably to be alone and do some chores down there. (The blackberries need poisoning for starters) but as he logged on an hour before I left work, he convinced me to make the drive to at least the top of the dirt road. The weather has been matching my mood, cold and miserable, so driving on dirt was not an option. That road is treacherous on a dry sunny day. Well I folded and headed straigh tfrom work to RI. I was exhausted and as the Picton Turn off passed, I pondered my two colleagues who drive farther than me on a daily basis. Nuts. I arrived at the meeting point at 2310hrs. That's a long drive when you are tired! David arrived shortly afterwards and he drove me the rest of the way. (YAY) Arrival at the cabin around midnight and he had a surprise. A new bed.. but I had to help build it AND removed the rat infested old bed. (Yes!! EW EW EW EW EW rats have gotten in to everything its very very gross) We managed to do this and not breath in too much dust. The new bed parts were opened and David exclaimed it was the wrong colour. He had ordered Black and here in front of us was a silver one. Hmm the rest of the bed was black but they had given us the wrong bed head. D'oh. It was raining, after midnight and many many KMs away from the nearest shop, SOO Bugger it. Two toned it will be. Stuffs the shop up more than us. Bedtime was after 2am.. the matteress was a new rubber one, the thinking is that we are rarely there, and the rats will have a harder time making nests in rubber. (yes I am aware they will eat it. ) ZZZ Alas!! I was awake around 8am. Less than 6 hours sleep and I have a night shift ahead. GRR I stayed in bed and David made me a coffee in bed. WIN!! He was called away by the owners of the park, to do free electrical work. This bugs me. They use his skills but be one day late on your annual fees and they charge a high daily penalty. Damn it he should either be paid OR get a discount on the fees. David finally returned so we headed for a meal at the barn where I took pinhole photos with my two favourite pinhole cameras. (Luckily I have cameras with me at all times) Spa and now, after 1600hrs, we had to head home. That meant loading the old bed onto the car roof racks. In the slippery mud. It was a nightmare. (The mud is red so it stains everything) BUT we got home safely, via Aldi for coffee. David discovered that Aldi now sell cocoa for the coffee machine, which means we can both us it now. WIN!! I headed off to work soon after we got home, leaving the bed on David's car and some groceries in my boot. The week has been otherwise mostly boring. Us older people were stiring a younger friend who is highly opinionated and loves to stir others up himself. As we ganged up on him, he got all precious. Seems he doesn't like the treatment he dishes out to others. I was surprised that he took it al to heart though as he is usually deemed to be a level headed indiviual but as soon as he resorted to taunts, it was time to quit. He unfollowed me on twitter but frankly I don't care. It seems years of friendship and using my husband for free handywork is less important than cycleways. Sad but its his choice and let him live his protected city life. NO I don't know everything but I have over 15 years of experience on him, and yes I am well read. I do a lot of researcn on many things and have books on urban planning that I am happy to lend to others who wish to learn. Time for a new chapter. New job in just over a week menas I have the opportuntity to make a new circle of people. Who knows what they can bring to my life. You always gain from those around you. Excited is not the correct word...interested in what the future holds. I am too old to get excited about things. We waved good bye to Druey, who started at a private company. He seems to be enjoying it, he needed to remove himself from his poisonous workplace as I have to from mine. Time will tell. After a month of heart ache, three deaths, as many funerals and memorials, I am ready for a change in everthing. Oh and NO MORE FUNERALS pls xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts