SO a Trawler ran aground today and some trains

Rumours around the coast line was that the crew were all asleep and she ran aground at South Cronulla.. I was alerted by my friend Brian who lives at Cronulla and he suggested that I would like to go and take photos. He was right. David and I dropped everything and went to the beach.

Trawler Beached at South Cronulla

Trawler Beached at South Cronulla


Later we headed back to Macarthur Square so re-start our original for the day. Get bits & Pieces for D to return to Junee. I haven't blogged about this move but its been traumatic... Still it seems he has a challenge he is enjoying. David has a PO box so if you want to send him cards and letters LMK and I can send you the address. Virgin wouldn't accept a PO box for his sim card for the home modem, and Australia POst rarely if ever go tot he house so it was a struggle to get it changed. If you want to be paid you send the bills to where he will get them. ARRGHHH It got fixed.

The Post Office lady had forgotten to give me a parcel today, so I was annoyed at having to return. I asked her about it and the poor girl looked totally lost. She didn't remember signing for it. Tammie, the other lady on duty today and I had a laugh, when Tammie reminded her that she did indeed sign for a courier. Luckily it was all smoothed over and I got my parcel. It had some Clairefontaine exercise books like I used to have in school. (See this post Back to my Roots!)

David managed to get me something special on our anniversary on the 14th

The bouquet survived the night. #anniversary
A fabulous surprise at work. 

and I headed to Junee to collect his car and help drive back to the slide night. :-) 


Millennium @ regents park
Seen from 1st class on the XPT..


A local freight at Junee
Up Freight at Junee

4wp2 departing Junee after crew change


Saturday the 16th was a dead loss but the 17th was a great day. New friend turned up and David and I ended up having lunch with him, then Ben & Drue arrived for an afternoon of train chasing and dinner. 

Ended up at the Tahmoor Tavern and had a fabulous meal, PLUS we ran into Louise who had been an intercity guard with me back in 2000. 


7BM4 passing Tahmoor
7BM4 Heading south


3 TT100 class passing Tahmoor
Light Engines to Port Kembla. They never made it all the way today.


RIGHT More ship photos as they load in the next post!!

Comments

Popular Posts