Black eyes Sept 26

Slept much better with nasal spray. As much as I love spring.. I need to breathe.  Awake early as I had to get my car to Wagga  for its 20k service. What a difference. My lease car was a forrester which I did love but I drove over 35000km a year in that. This little car is so comfortable to drive but as I have to shell out the cash myself, I take the train more and hence 20000km this year.  I adore my little car. So off to its first major service.
D and I lounged for a short time but as soon as my alarm went off I was off like a shot for brekkie and very soon on the road to the big smoke. (Heehee) 

The lady was very friendly but I pointed out that I had not been given the fixed price of my service. ( A major selling point atm for me) She asked the other lady the price for the diesel and we got $296 back. That was written on my job order. 

Got a lift into town for my appointment with the bank manager. (Yes I am eternally hopeful) 
COLD!!!! The morning was lovely and foggy but I didn't bring any winter weight jumpers or jackets so I shivered along with the old lady next to me waiting for the bank to open. 
I didn't get a direct answer from the bank manager. Even after paying off three credit cards I still have to be subject to review. ARGH Now have to wait until Monday. BOOOOOO

Wandering the streets now for 6 hours.. We ended up again at JB hi-fi. This time I averted my eyes. I was still in a funk about the bank, so I wasn't in the mood for Bluerays. Poor D this is his fav store and I was ruining it for him. AW. We did agree on music. I quite enjoy the 10's music but D is stuck in the 1980s. We do agree on some dance/ techno.. but DJ Bl3nd isn't available as a cd artist.  BOO We settled on Skrillex and some more Deadmaus5. D did kindly buy me a new running album and the newest so fresh. :-) I'm a dag I know.. We ended up buying Deadmaus5 on my google account as JB had the album for $21 and google had it for $5. Same tracks no difference.. SOO no contest.  THIS IS WHY PPL SHOP ONLINE. 
 Onwards towards Kmart, we ducked through the Sturt Mall and I browsed Autograph and BeMe.  I am after a summer weight jacket for work to wear to and from in the AM. SO far no luck, the only one even remotely like what I was after is outside my current budget. (Of $0 lets be honest but I will try for one around $50) Ebay has a few.. but I have to wait until payday and see whats left after my huge bills.... BOO.

Walked past the Optical superstore and they had a 50% off the price of designer frames.. OOOOO I need a second pair for home or work, whichever, as, sure and the sun moves to towards the west, I will leave them in the opposite place to where I am. The specs I had wanted from Specsavers where these... Aurora 11  but the Optical super store had some Olivia Vespucci frames that I adored but couldn't afford before. (Yes Yes I can't now but 50% off!).. SO I got my $400 frames and my prescription done and they will post them to my home in Picton. Total win. I was squealing in delight when I tried them on.  (I have to pay David back but at least I will be able to read the bill now)
the third one down


OK Finally made it to K-Mart, which was my goal for the day. They had some summer skater dresses on sale and I wanted one. I had seem Kirtsy in the red one in Thailand and I thought it was simply perfect for Sydney's weather. (well upcoming weather.. )
I managed to get the red one, and a cute cute cute daisy one PLUS a fluffy baby blue jumper that was reduced to $5!! Total win. PLUS. I went down in size to an L in the jumper and 16 in the skater dresses. COOL. I am on a 1960s/70s flower kick this season. AND YES, I was alive in the 1970s even if I was only a child. I remember flowery dresses and me being a blonde tearway in a flowered short dress and white Mary Janes. (They never stayed in good condition). Actually I remember a stunning lace dress that my father's mistress had bought for me in France. Beautiful beautiful dress and I only wore it once or twice. ** reminisces**


David took us to lunch at the Golden Seasons, Wagga's all you can eat. This place can be hit and miss but today it was excellent. We sat there to stay away from the shops and just have quiet time. Lots of yummy desserts so I have set back my work for another 8 months.. Boo.. Soooo delicious though.

Eventually you get the urge to keep moving so we gathered up our numerous bags and headed up to the Telstra store that was supposed to have gotten my otter case in for my poor Note 3. They had brought them in from the Henty store, but the message that I was going to pick them up didnt get through so....they had sold them this am. WHAT! ARGH. Oh well saved money there.
Huge Fairy Ring near K-mart
 Started walking up to the highway to walk towards Nissan. It is a hike to the car yards but doable. I was stuffed so a walk was needed. David found a tesltra reseller that was closing? who knows.. the store was empty. He had an Otter case for $90 and I told him straight that I thought that price was totally insane.  David talked to the guy and got it for $48. Just as well. Its black though.. not the green/aqua I was after but meh.



Half way to the car dealership, David suddenly stated "Massage" and I looked up and we were outside of a beauticians. I spied Cosmetic tattooing.. if you guys recall (And have made it this far down) you will know that my eye tattoos were done years ago and were long over due for a refresh. Cosmetic tattooing isn't as permanent as normal tattoos. They are on muscus membrane type tissue and this refreshes its skin much faster then normal skin. PLUS I rub my eyes..    Anyway.. no where in Sydney (IN my area) have decent cosmetic tattooists. The lady closest to me has the hand writing of a 4 year old and hence I am not letting her ANYWHERE near my eyes. The woman is also a nasty person.. I have written about her before. She had me in tears in the past. BAH.
This lady has her own store. The Daughter mans the desk and the lady herself does the beauty stuff. She had a tattooing set up in the store and is not like my local lady who keeps here stuff in the boot of her car. We chatted to her, the place was clean, we were both made to feel welcomed even if we didn't buy any services. See this is customer service in the beauty world.

Alas we had to soldier on to get the car, but the lady said she would be at the salon until 1500 hrs if we changed our minds and I wanted my eyes re-tattooed. Oh yess I did. Really and truly did.
Along the walk .., How pretty is this

David decided to again... lend me the money (DEEEEPPPPP in debt now..) and after we nabbed the car and were wold that they quoted us the incorrect amount, it was $365 not $296.. arghhh they brought it down to $319 as trade pricing as they made the mistake..David dropped me at Madison's and the lady got started.
In cosmetic tattooing they use a numbing cream to start then one line of dots then a dentist grade anesthetic. STING!!!!! Anesthetic hurts! then it runs into your eyes and makes them water.. and you are presented with a needle going over your eyeball (Lids held closed) and your eye panics and tries to remove the stinging and the needle bringing you to a self inflicted level of hell. Masochism. There is a circle of hell for people like me. Seriously. It doesn't hurt as much as my thigh tattoo but its damned uncomfortable.
A cosmetic needle rotates where as a normal tattoo needle jabs. Making a cosmetic tattoo needle softer (comparatively) on your skin. Also a cosmetic tattoo needle is tiny.
They train on bananas and tattooists train on pig skin. A normal tattoo needle will impale a banana.
You get the idea


Swollen eyes
Ouch looking but really as long as I don't rub the area accidentally its quite ok. My eyes will have black gunk every day as some of the ink leaks behind the eye ball... ew...
I was beyond thrilled. On a high. but then after a great tattoo experience I am always on a high.. :-)

David picked me up but we stayed and chatted to the ladies about tattooing, both types, the differences and the similarities.  Awesome afternoon.


David wanted to go to bunnings and who was I to disagree. Am I the only girl who loves a good bunnings shop?


Mr grumpy
I adore these Gnomes! I want Mr Strong
A flower in David's yard

Thus ended my day. If you think it was long to read It was long to live!!! I ended up walking 8km today.


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts