Dobson's cave

Map from Robert Sloss' book
Being short of staff at work, had meant I have barely seen Heath at all since the 24th of December. I have been on night shifts during his time off and that means, I sleep the whole day.
One Saturday, last week, I didn't go to bed, but elected to stay awake and spend some quality time. 
Heath chose the route, and after picking me up form the station, (NO trains on the weekend home) we grabbed the dog and some subway before heading out to Buxton.

It has been so very hot but hiding inside was out of the question. I even braved a bikini for this walk with a pair of shorts.. 
Last time Heath and I went on this particular trek, he has done it since with his kids, the place had just flooded. I blogged about it here. June 27, 2016. Damn it's been a long time.

(Photos above From June 2016)
This time, the bush was dry and brittle. The stream the dog liked to drink out of was bone dry. The look on the dog's face said it all. He was disappointed.
We pressed on and finally arrived at the pool he had seen a year ago. It was.. murky. Drat! No swimming. The water had dropped.


Both Heath and the dog looked disappointed. The dog was starting to suffer from the heat so he sat in the water that was there whilst Heath poured water over his fur. After a while I noticed tadpoles, YAY! Frogs are good news for any area. 
The dog recovered, don't worry!!
I spotted some track tags across the lagoon and last time the water was so high that this location had been underwater. Investigating, we found the famous Dobson's inscription. :) Happy! Heath found a picnic spot under the cliff face that was shady and cool, so we made camp. 








The three of us lazed around the shade for the rest of the day. Dozing mostly, for me but it was so revitalising.

Of course 3-4pm is the hottest part of the day so I got some sun on the way back, but after finding the car, returning the dog to the house, H and I spent the afternoon at the pool! 
Photo from WCLC (Visitors are not allowed to take photos at the pool) 

Sometimes you need quality time more than sleep. I had a magical day even if it was 28hours without sleep. 

XOXOOOX





Comments

Popular Posts