as another week passes by


Interesting, the passage of time. In my actual hours, they seem long, especially as I sit here staring at the large overview at work. 2am to 3am are the longest hours.. Then you go out with a friend and the hour skips by in a flash and you are again alone. Back to 2am.. lol…



The past week had me back at work. BOO;I have been more unsettled in myself than usual. Not full on depression but a disturbance in the force. I don’t like these ripples over the calm waters of my mind but they happen.
The weekend at Junee was a lovely break but with the unsettled nature of my thoughts.. a tad rocky with poor David getting abused for minor things that, in the past would not have fazed me . (Sorry!) A good night’s sleep helped and I was able to travel to Melb.
Saturday

David took me and Ben Tucker to Wagga Wagga and my husband being dragged into the City Chic store. The lady who worked there kindly showed David the husband seat and he took to Facebook and I got to try the two items I had earmarked. With a groan the husband’s credit card came out. OOO.. I got my pretty dress and work skirt.

Onwards to the boy’s store, JB Hi-Fi. David did keep my happy and source season one of Dark Seas and Penny Dreadful, two shows I was watching on Foxtel until he changed the package. HA. Now to find time to watch them.. HMMM.... times like this I wish a had a TV on the wall in my room.. Damn . Or a sofa to stretch out.. who am I kidding, when I did have a sofa, it was covered in trash.

Ben Tucker gave me a book from his collection; I have to find time to read that too. (Steven King 11:22:63 ) I went in search of Jägermeister Spiced but no one in Wagga or Junee stocked it. BOOOOOO We tried Jägermeister original but didn’t like it. I may just cook with it.I baked cookies and we drank all evening.

Sunday
We were up early and David had to travel to Melb. Pottered around, sat in the sun for an hour or so with the dog and my coffee before heading off. Roast chicken lunch at the pub where Mr. Tucker again joined us.


At the station, later and another special person joined us. A damned cast of thousands. Ugh. Luckily the train came before I got rubbed the wring way and we headed off. We were joined by Mr. Austin.  Lovely man. Always on the go. It will be a shame is he retires.  Another gentleman leaving the railway.







Melb was freezing!!! I had two layers on and I was still shivering. David dug out his over coat from his locker and this helped a lot. Thank goodness!! The rough track in Victoria does nothing for my bladder and the cold made it all worse. I nearly bowled Craig over getting to the toilet.  Checking in and I finally get to go to the famous joint bar. I even got to meet Amanda, a friend of David’s who works for the Victorian railway.

The joint bar had a rather dull specials list except one item that jumped out at me except the goat. I have never eaten goat.. Why not. Came with a free beer.. I forgot that free beer in Victoria is a Pot… The glass felt weird..

 The goat was yummy but oh so spicy.. the veg was amazing. Yum! I can see why David frequents this place. The evening was topped off with a peanut butter chirro before heading to sleep land… zzz



Overcoat was needed but ruined my outfit


Monday
Home again from Melb. The train that came in had blown a rocker cover on Saturday and thanks to being trapped on the south due to track work, the train limped into Southern Cross station 43 late. Have you seen the damage a valve can do to the rocker cover when pushed out? The engine was toast.

In Junee the hangers -on appeared and Ben. We went for a lovely toastie and Aunty Ben’s place. Before popping over to the Roses to see Peter Neve.  Huge house he has and I hope he is happy there. He definitely has space now.

Home to feed the dog and as Hank wasn’t at the gate waiting, I had a heart attack and called him. He didn’t come. HMMMMMM Did he jump the fence? The front fence here in Junee is only 4ft so it’s conceivable, if unlikely. We found him around, near the laundry. Thank goodness.
Happy and now fed dog, I had a small nap before loading the car and heading Picton.
Hank was not good company, sleeping the whole way.  French VC for both of us to have a break and got home by 2100hrs.


Tuesday
I slept until 1000hrs. I must have needed it. Spent the Am looking for my under cooked Hot cross buns with no edges but to no avail. I had to settle for fruitless. This afternoon, I was meeting a close friend (SD) for a mini holiday to Wollongong. YAY! He picked me up at 1400hrs and I was spoilt for the evening. I can’t believe he was happy to toss $250 at the pokies.. but each to their own. The bar was my place of residence for the evening and we talked most of the night. Win.



Wednesdsay
I watched the sun rise over North Wollongong beach and fed the birds. What a way to start the day. I watched the surfers frolic before having brekkie and heading up to work.  Day shift awaited me to welcome me back to work. I have the next 16 days of work and working 14 of them. Mostly night shift.At 1800hrs I hightailed it home via the Canberra and met the truckie for dinner.  It was good to spend the evening chatting. I was totally relaxed and went to bed with my dog happy and mostly rested. (and tipsy)





Thursday

Broken sleep due to the dog always wanting to go out.. Ugh. I need a pet flat in my bedroom door. SD was taking me shopping today as my shopping partner had bailed on me and, as  I was upset yesterday about it, SD manned up and agreed to take me.
I met him at Macarthur and he allowed himself to be dragged into City Chic where ladies ran into him with trolleys and prams until the ladies of the store showed him the man seat, hidden in the corner. Talk about looking relieved. I couldn’t help but giggle. Poor guy. Totally a fish out of water.
He covered the payout cost of my layby after we decided to not buy the wiggle dress. It doesn’t suit my limited bust.  So worn out by one store, I didn’t have the heart to try another, although I was champing at the bit. Coffee for me and a toastie and we had a break at the food court before he could tackle Dianna Ferrari. Karin had a moment of foot in mouth before she recovered and offered SD the seat of the house whilst she got my layby from the back room. Karin and I disappeared into he change room leaving SD alone in the shop and he said later that it was hilarious listening to us ladies with the squeals of delight.. hahhahaha we were talking tattoos and I was showing Karin the ones the public don’t usually see.Eventually we returned and SD took out the layby from here.  He even put a donation to my red shoes..
I didn’t have to heart to mention store 3 so we headed to Picton were he dropped me off before going home to get his reports done before close of business. I had a nap before heading off to work.


Friday
I was paid.. You wouldn’t have guessed as, after mortgage, bills and loans, I had a grand total of… $7. Sigh. All because I didn’t do overtime. This drew ire from Telstra, the post office, the optometrist and meant I had to cancel Lite n easy yet again. Luckily my mother is making food parcels for me, bought my cereal, milk and dog food. Grumble. I work hard to be this poor. ARGH. I have to keep believing this will work itself out. It has to.
Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot.

The truckie(HO) popped in on his way back to the depot and met my mother. HEEHEE. Within minutes of the poor guy being here, she had roped him into helping her tomorrow to unpack the storage unit. Poor guy. **Head smack** This also meant I had to go and also assist.  Probably her evil plan.. get one handsome guy to help and her daughter will follow.. yeah.. hahahaha
I had to go into to town so I threw everyone out of the house and mother gave me a lift to the station at Macarthur.  Long long long night.
SD popped into central on his way back from Newcastle which was a distraction for a little while, had a coffee and he bought banana bread, my weakness, a hot cross bun and chocolate before heading off and leaving me to work . zzzzzzzz SO TIRED.

Saturday
Caught the early train to get to the storage unit asap. HO was asleep in the car park waiting to give me a lift to the place. We had to wait for mother though, who then needed help to get her ute through the gate. Sigh.
The unit wasn’t as bad as I feared but still far too much for mother to manage on her own.  We loaded the ute.
Back to her house to unload and then after attempting to trim the dog’s nails, Basil struggled and mother slipped leading to the dog bleeding profusely. Great. After wrapping his paw up to stem the blood, we handed the little, frighted dog to HO who calmed him. Talk about dog whisperer. Eventually the dog was put down  on the sofa and I could get a lift home. Was happy to see my bed.. zzzzz

Comments

  1. That book by Stephen King exploded my brain stem. That is how good it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo it's slow for me as on night shift.. But hard to put down when I do get to it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please don't be a lurker! Let me know your thoughts and leave me a comment

Popular Posts