Apathy

Homewards after night shift Wolli creek

I have been slack on blogging because I have done nothing. Nothing but work work work and frankly it's boring to live so, certainly would be boring to read.
Three weeks of deep anger and loathing too.. Again dull and boring but damn it, I can't shake it. Fleeting moments of sunshine ruined an instant later. It's a drag for me and certainly stressful on my husband. But he is not totally innocent either, not the cause but not always helping matters. Not that I can expect him to when I can't verbalise me rage at life ATM. Maybe just as well.

Let's concentrate on the spots of light.

Me on the train

Whilst David was partying in Canberra last weekend, Tim popped over with a pile of exposed films from the states. A heap of films 12 or 13 or so ( or more I cant remember.
He stayed to develop a few himself, took me for coffee and left then rest for me to do. I suspect that this was to keep me busy and not dwell on the dark side..
It worked until I ran out of films...

David returned on Tuesday but I had to go to work ... Surprising eh? Pft.
Wednesday Connie spent cleaning my kitchen.. This chore she started on her own volition and I am not convinced that she realised the scale of the task.. Still 3 days last we can see the kitchen. It's amazing.. It won't last nut it's amazing none the less. I can't thank her enough.

Thursday saw me able to leave the house without stress so I took Connie on my dull chores, postoffice and then petrol. Luckily she had mail from home that she was expecting and was happily texting home as I went to get petrol. We headed for Thirlmere lakes and had a brief look but it was windy and cold, the lake was low and we only saw one kookaburra and won at skat so we headed back.
David took us to the George the IV as Connie deserved a payment for all her sweat on our kitchen. We enjoyed a nice meal and my favourite beer. (the locally brewed lager) as we were winding up, a few musicians turned up and started to play. Then some more turned up then a few more. Soon the little room was packed and the Irish band played random songs. It was extremely pleasant.

Picton lager

I had to head home, my tolerance for crowds is low but David and Connie stayed until midnight when everyone gets kicked out of the pub.

Banjo player at the George IV

I had only started on a few of my films and didn't have time to finish my project. I aimed to get back to it Friday.

Friday was cold and gale force winds. Connie wanted go see something and what better than Kiama blowholes. Yes, Yvonne can come up with good ideas on occasion.

Kiama Lighthouse #lighthouse #winter #rain #clouds #winter built in 1887 it was automated in1920 when it was also de-manned. Flashes 4 in 20

David drove us to Mt Kiera lookout where we got hailed on... Sigh
A warming drink at the cafe sorted us out and we headed to Kiama. The blowholes did not disappoint. The wind was fierce and biting and the waves were extremely high. Huge fountains of water sprayed the crowds in icy salt water. It was rather spectacular. The small blowhole was even better.

Water spouts #water #ocean #waves #winter

Wild weather #winter #waves #ocean #water

Tolerance ran out and I had to head home for work (as always)

Saturday saw us at the shops for resume stuff for Connie and new pencils for me. We had a lovely dinner with Jane and Bob, and I was sad they again work had me dragged away whilst others had a good time. :-/

Predicting next week will not improve.

Good thing about the bottom is you can always look up.

Comments

Popular Posts