Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sculpture by the sea

David arranged for me to go to the Sculpture by the Sea.

I finsihed work in a very bad mood, the boys had waited to take me to the pub for dinner and some well deserved alcohol. We returned to Evan's place and he graciously let us stay. Alas it was a hot sydney night and so I couldn't sleep. I don't think the boys did either, as Evan was impossible to get out of bed. Beau did and we took him with us to Bondi/Bronte.

The exhibition was great but there were several pieces that were very similar to previous years. A shame.

The sunrise was stunning, and the morning was blue and sunny, perfect for photography.


Comfort Zone by Alessandra Rossi

spindrift 2010 by Bronwyn Berman

You Wish by John Fitzmaurice NSW

Simply Black and White 2010 By Alan Julie Aston ACT

Rollin Pin 2004 by Keid Moseholm Denmark

Look this way by Ken Unsworth AM NSW

I have been Dreaming to be a tree.. by Byeong Doo Moon South Korea

We returned to Newtown where I found a camera to die for but alas the shop was closed and I dont have the money anyway, so we dropped Beau home and David headed to Ashfield to buy me a battery for my canon who decided to spit the dummy. At $12 each its not cheap. ugh

David collected his free slurpie from 7/11 who was giving them away and headed for Manly.

Manly was a nightmare. The heat and lack of sleep had started a headache and I was tired from no sleep. The suburb has no parking and people everywhere. David went into a multi-level carpark, decided to try the street, departed, found out that all of sydney wanted to be in Manly so we returned to the multilevel carpark. We hurried to the ferry but missed it.

Next ferry was almost empty as was the harbour. Nothing amazing to shoot. David got us to the Darling Harbour Ferry to see the Pacific Jewel and we returned to the Manly ferry. The volendam was also in town so we took this opportunity to shoot her. We saw the bridge climb poeple as dots on the arch, one of which was most likely Tim as he and his wife were doing the climb at that time.

Manly was steamy when we returned and so we found a place to eat. Average place but better than fast food. We discovered that the council here charge you from the first time you go into a car park, and although we departed and returned, we were being charged from the first entry. Stupid idea. We ended paying $14 and squeaked in before the clock ticked over to o$21 ugh.. It was becoming an expensive visit.

Headed up to the heads to wait for the three ships Davidi was here for. The Jewel left then the storm hit, making the city all hazy with rain. :-(

Storm at North Head

Still we waited and finally the tanker and volendam departed sydney.

Homeward bound I kept falling asleep, and after a well deserved shower I simply crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a lurker! Let me know your thoughts and leave me a comment