Lets try again

I spend an hour or two updating the past week on my ipad, using the official blogger app. I saved my work as I went like a good girl. I then went to upload it to here and poof everything deleted and the app shut down. FUUUCKKKKK So here we go again. Sigh.. Such great insights lost.. well, probably not. ANyway here we go again.

Jan 29, A Sunday off a rare event. Overtime was offered but I refused.I did washing and managed to hang it out as it was actually not raining. The snakes had their cages changed and I see one of your snakes has been losing condition. She needs forced feeding soon. :-( Went to Mcdonalds for a coffee and to do some paper work but as I finished my feta muffin, thunder rolled in so I had to head home to rescue the washing. As the sunset, I loaded my 8X10film, into the developing tank and set about developing the sheets. One was under developed but the other was perfect. Not technically but images appeared. I also uploaded the teslar1 film. Revolog Teslar 1 Film
 Happy with the success of the day

Jan 30 My boss actually returned my call about my missing money in my pay packet. He confirmed that the issued were not at his end but at payroll's end so I was now armed with the ammo to deal with the scary paymasters. My payroll officer (who is softly spoken) found all my forms and confirmed that I had been short changed and I was going to be given a special. This has never happened to me before. I was entitled to a special. HUZZAH! A few more dollars in my account. BUT this only means I can pay some outstanding debts. Grunt. Still. The weather was extremely humid and I saw twitter awash with whinging about the heat. We get one hot day in 60days and everyone whinges. GEEZ. Tracks
Work as quite and rather pleasant, a different feeling.. lol and when I finally got home, I wanted to use @egaeus idea of exposing my 8X10 negative onto a piece of photo paper.My dark room was unavailable as David was using it as a bedroom.. so I only played with one piece of paper. Headed to bed without developing it.

Jan 31 Again David snuck out for his AM shifts. The alarm rudely dragged me out of bed at 9am and up to the PO. The canvas print of Fabian, developed by me and then scanned had arrived. My canvas print I am thrilled with the result. Who would have though that a 135 negative can be enlarged so much. Amazing. Also great to see your own work in canvas. Also in the mail was the 4X5 pinhole camera from Poland. A beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Alas no film holders. BUT the aforementioned @egaeus had kindely donated some to me. Not yet arrived.
  Pinhole from Poland
Close up

 USPS had crushed a box with my sunscreen in it. Even pinching the bottles. LUCKILY none leaked Happy to have this sunscreen. I can go 8 hours in the sun with no burning with this stuff. Got a rejection letter from the ATSB. :-( Sad making but I suppose to be expected. Also a rejection letter from a company in perth. Missed my connection home, but luckily it was held at Wolli or several Southern Highlands people would have missed it due to the illawarra being late. Talk about close call. Shame management is so petty about the whole thing. Maybe time to go higher... Hmm. Home finally and David was up. He helped me with the photo paper project, flashing a second piece of paper at 1/1 power. I developed both papers and damn it both over exposed. David was determined to make this work so I loaded another piece of paper and he flashed it at 1/128th power. I developed it and huzzah an image appeared. Alas I had put it in a wet tube so it was water damaged prior to developing..

(Lesson there) but a win none the less
. Experiments

As it was now around 1am Feb 1 we hung it to dry and headed to bed.

Feb 1 Fisheye Feb. I do this in film as it is more fun, but was going to do a backup in digital. Getting up today was a struggle..Back to the cool weather which is good. otherwise a very quiet day. Most exciting thing was getting lunch at Platform 7 at Sydneham. yay.

Feb 2
Fisheye feb 2

 David was up and about for a trip to Newcastle. The official handover of the final two locos to CFCLA. The boys were excited and Drue even went into town. His pics are here It took me ages to go back to sleep. Next time I woke up was 1/4 to 11. Better. Pouring outside. No montivation. I occured to me that I should give every opportunity a go, no matter how hypocritical. SO I spent the morning applying for a job and tried to get Drue to do the same. This done, it was my usual trip to the PO where my bleach had arrived and a box from @egaeus YAY!! Three little 4X5 film holders nestled in the box. Aw THANK YOU!!!!
  Gift from @egaeus

 A side trip to get the mortgage insured..well the house but its really for the benefit of the mortgager and home again. I tried out this bleach and love the results. Went grape this time. Love it. Need Ben to fix my black with a grey covering brand. Off to work via train and hiked up to Celinis which was closed at 2050 even though the cafe is supposed to be open till 2200hrs. Its stated and its also late night shopping. WTF?? Its cold and raining, why are you closed??? Lazy. UNhappily I trudged to 7/11 for a $1 coffee. Settled into work finally dry and warm. So endth the day...


Popular Posts