Sunday, November 11, 2012


the last few days has seen me at Harvey Norman getting overcharged for toys.
It started out Innocently enough...I had to deliver my laptop For Service,so David and I browsed the store.. I discovered, that i could renew my lease at no additional cost to me and replace the older laptop. My older laptop is a year old and was set up for manipulating photos. The problem with it, was, a windows 7 update broke the software. (it was subsequently fixed)

SO, i renewed the lease, and included in the new lease was a new laptop, (solida state windows 8) 16 gb of RAM to be included, a Samsung S 3 and a free playstation for D (We have one already) lappy bag and a wi-fi point thingy. The only things I really got to take home was the doodad, but this is most useful. ($15 for 3 gb, $20 for 6 and $30 for 10gb) the rest were to be delivered the next day being thursday. Rats.

David went to update his amplifier and I ended up with a fancy pants coffee machine.

So the next day, David and I headed back to Harvey Norman. I pre-ordered the canon M in red. but after an hour, nothing had been delivered, so we dejectedly went to lunch via cash converters. OOPS found a Samsung Galaxy Note 1 so I bought that. (At great expense....) SO I finally had a toy. Of course I didn't NEED it. Depression and shopping, a bad bad mix.

Wandered over to mother's place and installed my aldi coffee machine (mother makes terrible coffee) so I could have decent coffee when visiting. (And D some cocoa) It became clear that I had forgotten the water reservoir FAIL.

I actually, in a lot of ways prefer my aldi machine to the new fancy pants one. The coffee in the new machine all seem to be sugared so mostly too sweet for me. Mother was happy as D fixed a power point and she got papers signed. She also became enamored with the Note. (Don't blame her) Will see if I can get a Note 2 for me and she can have this one.

At some point inthe afternoon I snapped and it will all just too much. Plus the weather had turned nasty so David drove me home. I received a call from HArvey Norman at 1714hrs... I was asleep.. BUT they rang as promised. The lappy and the phone were there. SO I Collected the water thingy for the aldi machine and went back to Harvey Norman and collected the two items, then headed to mother's to drop the stuff off so I could leave the car at the station before heading off to work.

Work was busy busy busy. Lots of works trains and light engines for said works trains. Ugh. Before I knew it, it was home time, so I collected my car then broke into mother's place to get my stuff and FINALLY got home. David was up so we opened the laptop package. I cannot get my head around windows 8. ANYWAY we looked at all the specs and the RAM had not been installed as promised. Well half had been. AARGHHH A phone call to Harvey norman and it was credited as a store credit to use on my camera order. :-/


I went to sleep around 10am, waking up at 1930, having not slept all that well so I was exhausted. I had send the Galaxy Note to Canberra so help Karen diagnose her wi-fi issue... so I had the galaxy S3 to play with . Compared to the Note, the S3 is not as good. Wierd... as it is the flagship phone for Samsung.. I would love to trade it for a Note 2. Or maybe sell it. Am I converting away from Apple Iphones?? Unlikely. In many many ways the apple still rules the roost. BEsides I have my belived shift worker's app which samsung has no replacement for.

Mail in Andiord is hyper annoying..BUT the Note is the mega awesome of phone cameras... Truely amazing. I took photos of David's Cicada with the Galaxy Note, the iphone comaprison was colourless and washed out, the harsh light being too much for the IP. IN HDR, the IP is better, but only because the best app is only on apple.

I had been woken up by a call at 1733, from Harvey Norman, my camera had arrived. what?? Was supposed to be weeks! one day. Hmmmm

Headed to work S3 in hand. Used it for a whole "day" still prefer the Note.

Saturday AM had me waiting in Harvey Norman car park to await opening. I headed in and pulled my long suffering sales man out of his AM pow-wow and he was surprised about the camera's fast delivery too. ALAS the adapter had not arrived. I managed to get two 32gb sd cards included and my store credit was on the invoice but David's scrutiny later on reveals the check out lady didn't deduct the $400 FFS How hard is it for this store to get accounting correct??? I was so tired that I never noticed. Am I doomed to be ripped off $400?? The instruction to reduce the cost $400 was there!!! she just didn't do it.

WELL all that aside the Canon M is a cute little toy. Surprisingly heavy for its deminuative size, the shutter goes clunk like it was made of cast iron. The camera had all the EOS menus and even built in HDR, even though I prefer bracketing and manual processing. It shoots RAW, it has a surprising crop of 1.6, the bigger cameras have this crop, I was expecting a higher crop censor.. tracking AF and like the Canon EOS 550 and 6, touch screen shutter. That is cool! I love being able to touch the menu items instead of scrolling endlessly. 4.3 fps is not too shoddy although I have been spoiled by the 7D and the 5d3...I love this camera. I felt sad for Kevin who was uable to source a white or red M, he will have to settle for the generic black one. :-( The read is a beauty. This little cam is also compatible with my GPS (GE-2) and had its own adorable flash. Its so very tiny!

Not ready for work tonight.. fatigue is dogging me but David came home from Canberra early so we had a lovely meal at Indys, Am a fan of Lamb Saag. YUMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a lurker! Let me know your thoughts and leave me a comment