Wednesday, June 10, 2015


I was supposed to have 6 days off but because I have been on holiday pay for 5 weeks, I was offered an over time shift on the Thursday and Friday which I happily took. They were both on the west anyway so YAY!!! Money for cream.

So down to 4 days off and one was the Queen's birthday public holiday (Yay I know she is a Taurus but I don't set the dates talk to the government) SOOO others were off too.

Friday was morning shift so I had the evening off. Don't let a 2am wakeup deter you, I went on a friend's date to chaperone (LOL) She was giving a guy another chance so Heath and I trundled down to the Station and got a lift to the George.

Understandably, the guy was unhappy that she had brought friends but frankly meeting a stranger, I don't blame her. YES, I can see his point of view too. He kept his cards close to his chest and as soon as my friend and Heath went to the bar, he zero'd in on my breast tattoo which was mostly hidden. This made me raise an eyebrow but I launched into my favourite subject anyway, if only to keep conversation goimg. Painful. My friend and Heath were also unimpressed.

We left them alone but let her know she could crash at my place so she wouldn't have to be dropped ather place.

Heath went SCUBA diving in the am, so therefore imagine my surpirse when a female face chirped MORNING in my face around 8am. ARGHHHHHHHH hit the ceiling HAHAHAHA

She got my arse into gear and we started on the kitchen . Took 8 freaking hours and I was exhausted.

Thanks Deb!!!

Sunday was a lunch date with an ex....I spent the AM cleaning out the fireplace. (Deb cleaned off the fireplace and its surrounds)

The dog guarded the front door.

Lunch was at the RSL at the lovely little restaurant downstairs.

Got plied with grasshoppers

salt and pepper Squid

Shoulder of lamb for lunch was perfect and the desert was decreed a salad as it had a banana, a cherry and almonds.  :)

Home and I spent the evening at the station to arrnage some papers for some friends. 

Monday was spent quietly in bed until around 10am when Heath went to collect Deb and they became two cyclones in my house, I tried to assist but as in all cyclones, its better to leave them be and get on with my paperwork. Brandon turned up and got sucked into the chaos. 

The dog found a toy,, SIgh

By 1730 or so, I had developed hives,,,, the chaos was getting to me but we soldier on. The trouble with anxiety, its hard to hide from ppl who see the signs. Heath and Deb disappeared into the night... and quiet reigned once more. The evening was blissful, quiet with a fire. Couldn't ask for better. 

Tuesday was spent juggling tax receipts. 

This took the whole day aside from a "simple" shop that took $110.. eep... so much for just tuna.  I had come home with salmon steaks and the vegies for a curtis stone winter salad. (AKA hot!) 
After gaining the upper hand with the paperwork, I celebrated with a rum, and went about roasting my veggies, Brocolli, fennel, beetroot and a red onion plus some (not many) pre cooked chat potatoies. The salmom was cooked too fast.. (oops) but otherwise the salad was yummy. My red wine vinegar dressing was amazing. ooo will have to do this again. 

As i had some over ripe bananas, I made a cooked banana caramel desert with museli and yoghurt. Sounds odd but would have doubled as a breakfast food as well. Lots of fruit added for interest and voila. It tasted delicious and was perfect for a winter's night. 

The fire was on, but more function than a relief. The dog was happy at least, 
Heath headed for bed early leaving me with rum, tv and a snoring dog. 

Tuesday Rocked !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a lurker! Let me know your thoughts and leave me a comment