2015 in Review



I read in Megan Kerr's blog a review of 2015 and I thought, as I had never done a review, that I would try with her questions.

1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I pulled myself together. I have been on a lonely journey for the past few years culminating in a self destructive beginning start to the year after much hurt to others and myself, I have pulled myself together and for the first time in ages, am stronger than ever before ( Mentally) I nearly drowned and due to this learnt SCUBA finally. I have also received hypnotherapy.. I am seeking more treatment in January. I am finding this, combined with psychology has helped a lot.



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions per say but I promised myself to stay at my 85kg. In this, due to a higher dose of medications, I have been unable to say I have succeeded. I haven't failed but not done as well as I could have. I have lacked commitment to my exercise.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One work colleague and she had the cutest little baby boy ever.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me but close to friends. A friend's brother died in November suddenly and a colleague's wife died unexpectedly on Sunday just gone. Her funeral is tomorrow. :(

5. What countries did you visit?
Thanks to my generous husband, I got to go on a Pacific Island cruise this year. I went to Vanuatu and New Calidonia. Was awesome. :)

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More work on myself with more commitment to my health and fitness. I want to get a handle on my shopping addition. I want more time to travel and dive.

7. What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched your memory, and why?
Well my birthday usually is a bad day and this year was no exception Worst day of the year. The hurt I caused, I am truly very sorry.

March 1st was a great day but the day I went to River Island with H is my best day of 2015. It was magical and I wouldn't change a thing.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I survived another year despite nearly being taken by the sea at Gerringong. Learning SCUBA would be my biggest achievement.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I could have spent some of my time and money more wisely.I could have handled my birthday better and not hurt the loved ones in the way I did.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only a chest infection brought home from New Caledonia by H and then a MEGA flu also from New Caledonia. HMM there is a theme here. I do get severe itchy skin when I am stressed. Its a new and very distressing development.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My own SCUBA gear, I hate having rented clothes on me and to have a borrowed regulator??? EW. no.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Fabian for giving SCUBA a red hot go even if he was scared of trying. He did it anyway. Heath for putting up with me and my meltdowns as I find my footing with medication.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
God where do I start. In my own little world, can my mother be a bit less selfish with her demands? I have to hide sometimes to cope with the innudation of information. Its overload most of the time. She doesn't support my healing from addiction.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes. Literally $1000s of $$$ on clothes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Supporting random people by making them smile with a compliment. I loved the cruise and Vegas was much more fun than I anticipated.





16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
Like I'm Going to lose you by Meghan Trainor
Photographs by Ed Sheeran
The Nights by Avicii


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. But Eh.
iii. richer or poorer? I am richer in my life. In so many ways I have everything I ever wanted. Money?? Less.. and heaps less. BAH

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading. I miss reading. More bikini wearing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work. I am always working. I need to see my teen more esp as he is more independent of his guardian. I need more cuddle time with my H
Me and Kelina. 

20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
I cooked all am and had H, my mother and a friend over. We ate and chatted and relaxed.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
H or my mother because she is always on the phone.

22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Yes.



23. How many one-night stands?
Um.... **Blush** 12 or 13 lost count..

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Big bang theory

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. If I hate people then they live for free in my life and ain't no body got time for that

26. What was the best book you read?
Brain Rules by John Medina. I only read two I think plus SCUBA books

27. What was/were your greatest musical discoveries?
Meghan Trainor and Lousie Adams

28. What did you want and get?
Nightly cuddles and kisses.
Hats

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Um not watched any except on the plain.. I watched UNBROKEN on foxtel so I'll say that.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 43. I broke a man's heart but had the support of my loved one. It was a shit time. Truly horrible.



32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More time off for personal pursuits.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Colourful

34. What kept you sane?
The support of my beloved and my friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Megan Kerr's style and her hair is truly amazing. I discovered Margot Meanie only this week. .

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I get on my soap box often . Body politics, rape culture and the way Australia is so horrible to refugees. The hatred of the rights of workers in my country and the dismantling of Public Health system.

37. Who did you miss?
Someone who was a close friend in 2014 but chose not to be in 2015. I miss our conversations. Mind you they were painful in January 2015 so he backed off but never came back.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Heath and Kelina



39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:

Treat yourself kindly.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Right from the start
You were a thief
You stole my heart
And I your willing victim
I let you see the parts of me
That weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them - Pink




How was your year?
Link to me in the comments so I can =come over and read them!

Comments

Popular Posts