What if I fall.

I posted this on Bloglovin RE my thoughts on a crossroads in life atm. 
Maybe, anyone who still reads my dead blog.. will have some insights :)

I think my main issue with my blog is, its hard for me to post to it. No longer does the app work and then I get busy and forget. I use pen and paper for many of my personal thoughts and still to this day miss the community of Livejournal. That was so easy to use. 

Anyway ATM, she comes to a fork in the road. Here is the bloglovin post. 

So after 26years in the nsw Govt employment, I find myself with a job offer from a private rail operator. They are so keen that they spent the last interview selling their role to me. Another person, in the same company, but not invested in the role, also thinks the move would be good for me. A manager in my extising company thought that someone is willing to invest time in my developement in HR and Project mangement that I should also consider the move.
My big problem is, its a major change with no certainty. It is a $30-$60k pay drop and I lose the lifetime free rail pass after getting to close.
The good parts, I can learn and develop my career away from the glass ceiling I find myself under. I am in a job where there is no where to go and I watch colleague after colleague leave, retire or get despondent at the lack of developmental opportunites offered to internal, highly experienced staff.
I have a headache trying to break through the ceiling and am fed up.
I have been doing this degree to be more employable to no avail, so I feel this may be the door opening I have been looking for.

Comments

Popular Posts